Cathy Breslaw's Installation

Cathy Breslaw's Installation
Cathy Breslaw's Installation:Dreamscape

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Shows Come and Shows Go

One of the challenges I have as an artist is handling all the details of exhibitions - there are alot of things to handle. Many shows happen simultaneously or very close so that I always need to be aware when planning which works go to which shows, and that I don't commit specific works to more than one at the same time! Monday I am taking down my exhibition of 18 works at Soka University,in Aliso Viejo, CA and in a few days I am heading to the east coast to Penn College of Technology, in Williamsport, PA to give a gallery talk and attend the opening reception there.While all of this can be rewarding and interesting, it can be the source of stress.The best part of having these exhibitions, besides the opportunities to sell work, is meeting the gallery directors and visitors who attend the openings. I am not fortunate to go to all of them, but when I can, I am always so amazed by how much fun it is to meet the people, explain my work and answer questions - the best part is observing people as they move through the exhibition - the looks on their faces, how their body language changes and to watch them as they engage with the work. I still think creating art is the best part of being an artist, but to see the looks on peoples' faces - good or bad - is fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment