Cathy Breslaw's Installation

Cathy Breslaw's Installation
Cathy Breslaw's Installation:Dreamscape

Friday, October 2, 2015

The Work Comes Down - Final Stage of My Exhibition

Yesterday, I spent the day taking down my exhibition Macro Views, Micro Wonders at Mesa College Art Gallery... The energy and effort it takes to both launch and remove art from an exhibition is enormous. So many details, and in spite of the help received, it is a daunting task.  The other thing that non-artists may find surprising  is that there is a kind of void,  a 'let down' of sorts after completing a show.  Luckily for me, the experience of working with Allesandra Moctezuma, Gallery Director and Pat Vine, Assistant Gallery Coordinator and all the other wonderfully helpful and supportive folks who are an integral part of the gallery and Museum Studies program at Mesa College, the 'void' is lessened.  Good memories have a way of doing this. I always enjoy interacting with faculty and students as well as with folks while they are viewing my work. Below, you will see a few pics of the last day of my exhibition and gallery talk as well as the  de-installation process......
Last day of exhibition and gallery talk
Last day of exhibition and gallery talk
De-install
de-install


Student, Daniel, helping out with de-install





No comments:

Post a Comment