Cathy Breslaw's Installation

Cathy Breslaw's Installation
Cathy Breslaw's Installation:Dreamscape

Friday, September 16, 2011

Beginning Thoughts......



Life is art - art is life, at least my life. Being new to blogging, it was tough coming up with a title so 'artful life by cathy' seems to cover alot of ground. As an artist, being 'artful' comes naturally but living artfully is a conscious day to day choice and journey that may or may not include 'art'. I want my blog to be mindful of all people, not just artists or the world of art,because after all, life is about so much more...
Like family - This photo is of my son Adam,a naval officer who just returned from a 7 month deployment last week. I am so proud of his service to our country and he is an inspiration to my life and to my art. Watching his ship pull into port was a feeling of pride, and overwhelming emotion.
Then there is my other son, Micah who with his humor, questioning and spunkiness, adds art to my life and life to my art. It has been with my children that the aspect of 'playfulness' came into my work as an artist. So with making my art, i begin with 'play'. I have a curiousity and love of materials - all materials - for making my work seeking out any thing that might bring meaning or expression to my thoughts and ideas.
So this is an introduction to my blog....to me and what makes my world go round. This photo was taken of me at my exhibition at the Bakersfield Museum of Art in March,2011. More photos of my work to come..

No comments:

Post a Comment