Cathy Breslaw's Installation

Cathy Breslaw's Installation
Cathy Breslaw's Installation:Dreamscape

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Talking about my work as a way of clarifying thoughts, ideas and direction.....

Last Saturday I had the priviledge of giving a gallery talk to 100 visitors at the Oceanside Museum of Art - it was also the opening reception of my new solo exibition: A Matter of Space.  The backstory is that putting together a "talk", per se, is a process of organizing my thoughts, ideas and concepts - It forced me to clarify exactly what i believe to be true about my work - about this current exhibition but also about priorities.... like what is important to me about being an artist, what concepts inspire me, artists who inspire me, as well as people in general who have influenced my work. It is an invaluable process of sifting through time's memories and bringing to light things that ask to be heard. It is nice to  be able to share my ideas about being an artist.
I hope to post a video of my talk soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment