Cathy Breslaw's Installation

Cathy Breslaw's Installation
Cathy Breslaw's Installation:Dreamscape

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Setting a New Course....

As an artist, it is tempting to rely on the "same old ideas, materials, or concepts" to get me thru the next exhibition. My conscience keeps me from entering down that road - i want each exhibition - which is a gift in and of itself - to cast a different light on my work. I want some semblance of authenticity in my approach and execution of the creation of the work.
Perhaps it might be a new material, a different tack on a similar concept or even something entirely new which will motivate the work.  I am drawn by an exhibition i will have this summer to engage some new ideas - The title for the exhibition is: "Above, Below and Beyond". I have a ton of ideas swimming around in my head, all calling me for attention. More than anything, it conjures up the natural world to me - at least as a frame of reference. I see the natural world and its events as being in control of our universe in many respects. It grabs me intellectually, spiritually and emotionally.  I will be surprised to see what i come up with. It will be interesting to use the title of the exhibition as my jumping off point.

No comments:

Post a Comment