Cathy Breslaw's Installation

Cathy Breslaw's Installation
Cathy Breslaw's Installation:Dreamscape

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Solo Exhibition at Kishwaukee College, Art Gallery, Malta, Illinois

Shipping my work out to galleries and other venues for exhibition can sometimes be a bit sad - afterall, creating art can be like childbirth - exciting, fun and exhilerating but sometimes very painful. After spending long hours w/ a particular piece of work I feel "attached" and therein lies the sadness of letting go. However, once the work has been shipped and I get word from the curators/gallery directors that the work has been hung and looks good, I am relieved and comfortable in knowing that work has found a place for a while - Especially satisfying is when I find my work at college and university galleries like Kishwaukee College, in Malta, Illinois where my work will be on view through April 13th. Students often have a fresh viewpoint. I enjoy the emails, written comments and suggestions they sometimes make. I've even received phone calls and requests for discussion about art as a career. All of it makes for interesting discussions and is thought provoking...making art is also about conversation and debate and that motivates me....www.facebook.com/cbreslaw

No comments:

Post a Comment